Voting Rating: 4 / 3 votes

6.10.2011

14 Months

14 Months!

We are totally loving the nice weather and enjoying playing outside with Ryan. Now that he is a little older, I feel like this summer is going to be so much more fun than last summer! We are able to take him to the pool and he can walk around and he is learning to kick his legs in the pool, it's adorable and he really loves it. He also enjoys flirting with the lifeguards.... He loves that he can walk now, he thinks he is such a big shot. He actually runs more than he walks right now, its very entertaining to watch. Besides the fact that he still wears a diaper, I don't feel like he is a baby at all anymore. A little sad, but it's really a lot of fun. I love watching his little mind work, and he is so smart!
A few days ago, I had one of the best experiences ever with my little boy. We were walking in our front yard and he reached out his hand for me and said "mama". He has said mama a million times, but hearing it in conjunction with grabbing my hand and walking with me was totally different. I used to see other moms with their children and just get so excited for when that would be me. He is such a sweet boy! He also gives the best hugs in the whole world!
He now has 7 teeth, the top 4 and 3 bottoms. The 4th bottom is coming through now and we are pretty sure he is getting his molars because he is a drooling monster and a little more high maintenance than usual. He hates teething rings and stuff, so thank God for baby Advil.
I am amazed at how much Ryan understands me. For example, if I ask him to bring me his ball, he will look for it, pick it up and walk it over to me. If he sees our dog, chances are he will go to her instead but I'll take what I can get :) I have to watch what he puts where though, I am pretty sure he threw my credit card in the garbage...along with Joe's play station controller. Joe is pretty lucky I retrieved that instead of leaving it there like I wanted to!
My favorite part about him getting older is listening to him learn new words favorite new word is cookie. Yes, cookie. He is definitely my son, the cookie monster. Yesterday he was sitting in his highchair with a turkey sandwich and he looked at me, shook his head no and said "cookie". I said, "okay, do you want a banana?" Again, shook his head no and said "cookie". I gave in and gave him the cookie, which I know isn't the best parenting, but he is just too cute when he asks for it. After I gave him the cookie he said thank you, so I must be doing something right! :) So far he can say; hi, bye, night night, truck, car, ball, dog, cookie, thank you (sounds more like tat tu, totally adorable!), and of course mama and dada! We just love our little smarty pants!
As I think I say every month, we just can't get enough of our little boy. No matter what happens throughout the day, Ryan just makes everyday a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment